ECML Workshop: Young children's language learning pathways - Making early language learning visible
Young children’s language learning pathways - Making early language learning visible
15 – 16 March 2023
ECML, Graz, Austria
- Provide participants with the opportunity to review the key principles and actions for teachers and educators in making all language learning pathways visible for young children (age 3 to 12) within education systems
- An opportunity to discuss and review the key principles, key actions and reflective tools created to support teachers and educators in evaluating their own educational context and experience and how these can be used to acknowledge and support young children in developing their multilingual competences, plurilingual practices and intercultural awareness.
About the Workshop
For more information on the project: www.ecml.at/younglearnerpathways
Professionals working in or with the pre-primary and primary sectors
Experience and competences required
- Current or recent experience in the field of early years education for children aged 3 to 12 and in promoting plurilingual competences and practices within the education system (as a researcher, stakeholder, teacher, teacher educator, or decision maker)
- Interest in promoting and developing plurilingual competences in young children within the education system (age 3 to 12)
- Familiarity with, or interest in, European instruments which recognise and support diverse language learning pathways in young children – including, but not limited to, language(s) of schooling, additional languages taught within the education system and home and / or community languages.
How to Apply
Read the full Workshop Description.
Complete the Nomination Form.
- Email your completed Nomination Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 January 2023.