We are delighted to invite you to the 2020 Léargas Forum, which will be held virtually for the first time!
As we cannot gather as we usually do, we are hosting our annual flagship event online for two mornings on 03 and 10 November. Both events will include insightful and inspiring highlights and reflections celebrating the experiences and impact of European programmes over the last seven years in Ireland. We will also look to the new opportunities available from next year. Register to reserve your place now!
Find out more about each event below. We look forward to connecting with you at the Léargas Forum next month!
Léargas Forum 2020: Celebrating Achievements and Exploring New Opportunities in Europe
10am, Tuesday 03 November
We are excited to celebrate the past seven years of European programmes with you at the 2020 Léargas Forum, and look to new opportunities on the horizon. Join us online for a lively morning session from 10am to midday on 03 November.
We have an eventful and inspiring morning planned, including:
- Keynote from Léargas Executive Director, Lorraine Gilligan
- Information about the new Erasmus programme 2021-2027
- Highlights of the Erasmus+ Programme 2014-2020, with inspirational contributions, key moments and discussion of challenges
- A motivating and celebratory message from European Commissioner for Equality, Helena Dalli
- A thought-provoking panel discussion about What’s happened and what’s next? Reflecting on a challenging year and exploration of future possibilities of European programmes
- Discussion sessions – a space to engage with Léargas staff and fellow participants on key themes that underpin European collaboration, and explore how European collaboration can respond to our current challenging times.
Léargas Research Forum 2020: The Impact and Experience of European Programmes in Ireland
10am, Tuesday 10 November
We have an interesting and insightful morning planned where we will explore the experiences of Irish organisations in European programmes over the past seven years, and the impact that participation has had on their sectors. We will have six presentations on research findings:
- The Impact of Erasmus+ on Modern Foreign Languages in Ireland
Dr. Britta C. Jung, Irish Research Council Post-doctoral Fellow
- Tracing the Impact of European Work Experience on VET learners from Ireland
Charis Hughes, Léargas
- Good Practice Case Studies in Erasmus+ Youth Strategic Partnerships
Anne Molloy, RAY Network/Léargas
- Key Action 1 Mobility: Connecting Adult Education in Ireland to its Rich Tapestry of Values, Philosophy and Community of Practice in Europe
Denise Shannon, Léargas
- Should I Stay or Should I Go? Exploring the Impact of Erasmus+ on Students and Staff in Irish Higher Education
Dr Magdalena Staniek, Researcher
- Ready, Steady, Bake! eTwinning, Transition and Initial Teacher Education
Una Murray, Teacher Educator - Trinity College Dublin
Join us for a lively morning session from 10am to 12:30 online on 10 November.Return to Top