For the academic year 2020–2021, Léargas’ Languages Programme brings you a new European Day of Languages Competition and exciting prizes!
As in 2019, this year’s competition is held in conjunction with eTwinning, the online community for schools in Europe. This partnership celebrates collaboration and exchange between schools in different EU countries, and promotes creativity and innovation in language teaching and learning.
Create a language-themed project and register it on the eTwinning Platform, adding the hashtag #EDLComp20 to the title. Both primary and post-primary school projects are eligible to apply. If you don’t have an eTwinning partner, look for one on the eTwinning Live Partner Forums page.
Four winning schools will each receive three Chromebooks.
How to Enter
- Create and register your eTwinning project between 25 August 2020 and 31 January 2021 and tag it with ‘#EDLComp20’ in the project title. Only projects using the hashtag will be entered for the competition.
- The deadline for registering your eTwinning project is 31 January 2021. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below to inform us of your entry in the competition.
- Applicants must complete and submit a short reflection document by 20 June 2021. We will email you the reflection document template after you enter the competition.
- Please read the full terms and conditions before you apply!
EDL Competition Entry Alert
- eTwinning projects must be language themed, or have a prominent language aspect which enhances and develops the language skills of the learner. Primary school projects through the medium of Irish or English as an additional language are eligible and welcome to apply.
- The project must have common goals and a collaborative work plan.
- The applying teacher must have made significant contributions to the project. The minimum requirement is to use and react to partners’ materials.
- The contribution from the Irish-based teacher must be visible on the eTwinning platform.
- Projects can last between one week and an academic year.
- Applicants must complete and submit the short reflection document to the Twinspace of their project by 20 June 2021.
- Projects should be original and creative.
- Projects must demonstrate communication, collaboration and exchange between partner schools, particularly through the use of the target languages(s).
- The eTwinning platform, and any other digital resources used during the project, should be used creatively to stimulate language learning.
Terms and Conditions
- All projects must be registered on www.etwinning.net with the #EDLComp20 hashtag in the title by 31 January 2021.
- Although several projects from the same school can enter the competition, only one project per school can win the competition.
- You must complete and upload the reflection document to the Twinspace of the project by 20 June 2021. Please also send the Reflection document along with the eTwinning guest access details (login & password) to email@example.com by 20 June 2021.
- Entries will be acknowledged when the reflection document has been received by email.
- Winners will be notified by 1 September 2021.